Career opportunity: Systems Administrator, Auckland
Are you an experienced Systems Administrator? Do you specialise in managed email platforms? We want to speak to you confidentially. Superb role, huge future in secure cloud solutions.
Are you an expert Systems Administrator with a focus on large-scale email services? Do you run Linux at home? We do too and in the office as well. We are looking for a very senior engineer skilled in application administration to develop, deploy and maintain our suite of email products.
IMPORTANT: TO APPLY AND BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, you must be living in New Zealand now, and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (i.e. NZ Citizen, hold NZ Permanent Residency, or hold a full NZ work permit without restrictions (mandatory). You need to have experience within a New Zealand company.
SMX is New Zealand's leading cloud-based email hosting and security provider. A growing blue chip list of enterprise and government customers around the world trust their email security to SMX. We provide a fully-hosted, enterprise-grade email gateway with mail filtering, content control, data loss prevention and archiving.
Our business and our team are growing and we are looking for an Email Systems Developer, interested in creating cloud email security solutions. This is an opportunity for someone to learn and grow as part of a highly experienced team based in Auckland.
THE ROLE: EMAIL SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (AUCKLAND)
You will configure, manage and troubleshoot email systems to ensure our customers receive world class service and uninterrupted mail flow.
You may come from an ISP as an Application or Systems Administrator, experienced in mail routing, AV/AS integration, directory services, automated deployments and version controlled configuration management.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Install, configure and maintain scalable email systems
- Provide expertise to the support and operations teams
- Monitor the services running in production
- Troubleshoot issues and identify root causes
- Support the design of new customer or product solutions
- Deal with vendors to raise tickets and resolve problems
- Document your work clearly and concisely.
For applicants with programming experience the opportunity exists to extend the core mail system by developing custom modules.
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years' general systems admin experience with Linux
- At least 5 years' experience with the networking related technologies, e.g. DNS, load balancers and firewalls
- Exposure to large-scale mail systems e.g. Momentum, Email Mx, Dovecot
- Exposure to highly concurrent, high transaction, highly scalable solutions
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Solid understanding of email protocols and standards, e.g. SMTP, IMAP, POP3, DKIM, DMARC, SPF
- LDAP directory servers
- Virus and spam technologies
- Integrating with monitoring systems, e.g. Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti
- Scripting, e.g. Perl, Bash, Python
- Version control systems, e.g. Git
- Automated deployment tools, e.g. Puppet
- Experience with web servers, e.g. Apache, Nginx.
Highly desirable but not strictly required:
- C, C++
- Have exceptional attention to detail and quality
- Have an analytical mind and can grasp complex solutions
- Strive for simplicity and efficiency in your work
- Highly organised and enjoy being part of a talented and creative team
- Are proactive and take ownership of an issue through to resolution
- Able to stay focused in a multitasking environment
- Passionate about your field of expertise
- Quiet achiever
- Exceptional command of the English language (written and verbal).
SMX OFFERS YOU
A highly competitive salary package including healthcare, ongoing development, and potential offshore conferences. You will work with a highly experienced and respected team. Our office is spacious and located in the Auckland CBD. A flat management structure and an open culture where you can contribute directly to respected cloud products with thousands of end-users around the world. We encourage work-life balance, we believe 40 hours means more enthusiasm.
SMX is committed to building a culturally diverse company and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Remember, in order to be considered you must be living in New Zealand now and be legally entitled to work in the country. Please email your current CV and details of your experience directly related to the role, to SMX Recruitment Manager, Sally Jackson.
m: 022 308 4259
ph: 09 950 2204 (Free phone: 0800 769 769)