Career opportunity: Senior Technical Support - Service Delivery, Auckland
Are you an experienced Senior Technical Support person and are you passionate about email security? Here's your chance to join New Zealand's leading cloud-based email hosting and security provider and deliver support for our cutting-edge email security services. With A++ technical problem solving and customer experience skills, you'll thrive in this level 2/3 technical support role.
Are you able to maintain professionalism and superior customer service under times of pressure in a fast-paced environment? Do you use sound judgement and experience while delivering exceptional customer service to resolve complex technical issues? If so, we've got an exciting opportunity for you and would like to talk to you confidentially. Superb role, huge future in secure cloud solutions.
IMPORTANT: TO APPLY AND BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, you MUST be living in New Zealand now, and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (i.e. NZ Citizen, hold NZ Permanent Residency, or hold a full NZ work permit without restrictions (mandatory)). Offshore candidates, and/or candidates with no valid work permit, or a graduate temporary work visa cannot be considered.
SMX is New Zealand's leading cloud-based email hosting and security provider. A growing blue chip list of enterprise and government customers around the world trust their email security to SMX. We provide a fully-hosted, enterprise-grade email gateway with mail filtering, content control, data loss prevention (DLP) and archiving.
Our business and our team are growing and we are looking for a Senior Technical Consultant — Service Delivery to join a great team. this full-time role is based in our Auckland CBD office.
THE ROLE: SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT — SERVICE DELIVERY (AUCKLAND)
We are looking for a SENIOR Technical Support CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE Specialist (Level 2/3), with a minimum of 5 years“ experience in a Level 2/3, Technical Support / Service Desk role, working with external clients. This is mandatory. You must have exemplary customer service skills, which will be referenceable. The role is BAU Technical support, which includes answering technical support phone calls, dealing with clients, responding to emails etc.
Support tasks include customer provisioning, handling of malware and misclassified emails, general client and reseller product help and enquiries. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgement.
SMX operates a premium service and our customers expect exceptional quality support. Your role will be to ensure customers get the best possible experience when they raise an issue with our support team. We are looking for someone who can juggle different internal and external stakeholder groups and is therefore an excellent, flexible communicator and diplomat. You will be confident in dealing with senior executives, not easily intimidated and confident in 'stepping up' to support our Service Delivery Manager & Account Managers. To support our customers, you must be able to see their perspective on support and service issues. You need to be able to switch focus, language, and context on a continual basis as you deal with different stakeholders daily. You will need strong process and organisational skills to ensure our customers' and partners' support issues are resolved according to our SLA agreements with them.
The support team is often the first point of contact our customers have with SMX and it is vital that you quickly respond to customer issues, and diagnose and resolve issues within expected timeframes. This requires experience in level 2/3 support of complex technical systems, preferably email, cloud or web for business users.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Level 2/3 Technical Support
- Provide 2nd/3rd level technical support (and 1st level technical support) to SMX's customers, IT partners & resellers.
- Escalation agent for 1st level technical support team, escalate issues to internal mail team, development or operations team.
- Troubleshoot issues and identify root causes, or escalate when required.
- Deal with vendors and internal teams to raise tickets and resolve problems.
- On-call, one week in every 5 weeks.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Mandatory — The 'Must Haves':
- At least 5 years in a full-time Level 2 IT Technical Support role, & 3 years in Level 3 role, with exceptional customer service skills, preferably in a Linux based cloud, email or web environment.
- Must have minimum of 5 years' experience in Linux, networking.
- Understanding of IMAP, POP3, SMTP, DKIM, DMARC, SPF protocols and standards, including internet, mail and email.
- Knowledge of DNS records in relation to email services.
- Exposure to large-scale technical environments, preferably email, i.e. Mail Transfer Agent (MTA).
- Use of support tools i.e. Desk, Remedy, Service Now.
- Experience in maintaining knowledge-based documentation.
- Very good analysis, process, and exceptional communication skills, including written and oral command of the English language.
- Excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
Desirable Skills and Experience — Nice to Have but Not Essential:
- MX, SPF records.
- Experience in monitoring systems such as Zabbix, LDAP.
- Experience in scripting languages i.e.e BASH, Perl, Python.
- Ability to analyse log files, i.e. technical problem solving based on log files.
- Exemplary customer service skills - clients love to deal with you & you constantly receive positive feedback from clients!
- Customer focused and take ownership of an issue through to resolution, or know when to escalate an issue.
- Calm under pressure always, do not faze under difficult customer issues, act with the utmost professionalism always.
- Develop exceptional, trust-based client relationships.
- Sense of urgency, meticulous attention to detail, resilient, uses initiative, results driven professional while thriving in a fun, collaborative environment.
- Perform effectively and efficiently under pressure, always with a good positive attitude.
- Your approach: If I don't know, I know where to look.
- Highly organised and enjoy being part of a talented and creative team.
SMX OFFERS YOU
A highly competitive salary package including healthcare, ongoing development, and training. You will work with a highly experienced and respected team. Our office is spacious and located in the Auckland CBD, just off Queen Street. And we have a pool table! A flat management structure and an open culture where you can contribute directly to respected cloud products with thousands of end-users around the world. We encourage work-life balance, we believe 40 hours means more enthusiasm.
SMX is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive company. We strongly encourage applications from qualified minorities and women.
Remember, in order to be considered you must be living in New Zealand now and be legally entitled to work in the country (NZ Citizen, Permanent Resident, full NZ work permit).
Please email your current CV, and details of your experience directly related to the role, to SMX Recruitment Manager, Sally Jackson.
m: 022 308 4259
ph: 09 950 2204 (Free phone: 0800 769 769)