Career opportunity: Senior ICT Business Development Manager, Sydney
Are you a savvy Business Development Manager with experience in the IT industry? Want to join an industry-leading email hosting and security provider?
- SMX is New Zealand's leading cloud-based email hosting and security provider
- Sell Software as a Service security solutions to ICT Channel, Enterprise and Government
- As Senior BDM, you own and drive the Reseller Channel, large Enterprise and Goverment market.
- Full-time role, based in Sydney, Australia.
IMPORTANT: TO APPLY AND BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, you must be living in Australia now, and be legally entitled to work in Australia (i.e. Australian Citizen, hold Permanent Residency, hold a full and valid Australian work permit without restrictions). You must also have a significant Australian sales history, selling to major enterprise and Government clients and, ideally, the Reseller Channel. (no exceptions). Due to the nature of this role, we are not considering offshore applicants.
SMX is New Zealand's leading cloud-based email hosting and security provider. A growing blue chip list of Enterprise and Government customers around the world trust their email security to SMX. We provide a fully-hosted, enterprise-grade email gateway with mail filtering, content control, data loss prevention and archiving.
SMX Limited is growing. As part of our international expansion, we are now looking for a Senior ICT Business Development Manager to drive and lead the growth of our business in Australia. SMX has had a strong and successful market presence in New Zealand over the past 11 years. We are now looking to drive this continued growth in Australia and are looking for a self-driven and enthusiastic Business Development Manager to do so.
THE ROLE: SENIOR ICT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (SYDNEY)
This role will initially be a sole presence for SMX supported closely by your New Zealand team. Over the next 12 months we are looking to grow that presence. You will have a strong background in selling Software as a Service security solutions to ICT Channel and major Tier One Enterprise and Government sector in Australia.
In order to be considered for this role, you must be living in Australia now as a citizen or permanent resident, or holder of a valid work permit, and have a significant Australian sales history, selling to major Enterprise and Government clients and, ideally, the Reseller Channel. (no exceptions). Due to the nature of this role, we are not considering offshore applicants.
You will have a strong ICT BDM background in Australia, a track record of repeated and continuous growth, and ideally Channel or Reseller sales experience, partnering with your Reseller Channel, and solid credibility in Australia. You will have an exceptional network in Australia, and clients 'like to deal with you'.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will:
- Own and drive the Tier One Reseller Channel, and continue to develop and drive the large Enterprise and Government sector.
- Understand and articulate SMX's core products and services, define how we best match it to the needs of existing and new Enterprise, Government and Telco customers.
- Own and manage the Tier One Reseller Channel, driving business development and client retention/growth, to ensure we deliver tangible value to customers in the short and medium term.
BACKGROUND & REQUIREMENTS (MANDATORY)
- Proven and significant track record in BDM, Channel Management in the software sector, (in Australia), selling into Tier One Reseller Channel and large Enterprise and Government.
- Self-driven, proactive, forward thinking and responsive not reactive.
- Outstanding people and communication skills, building rapport and empowering the Reseller market to choose SMX.
- Ability to articulate technical sales and present to a wide audience, from C level, to Sales people, both in technical terms and business terms, depending on your audience.
- Driven to achieve sales results. Action-orientated doer.
To take on this role you will have the ambition, self-driven motivation, ability and commitment to make a pivotal contribution to proven Australian business with an exceptionally talented team and customers that rightly demand exceptional service.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years' sales experience and with 5 years in a business development growth area.
- Outstanding track record of ICT sales, solid network in Australia, proven BDM credibility, and renowned for value and SaaS-based solutions.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, resilient, and able to stay focused in a multitasking environment.
- Highly organised, ability to prioritise, able to partner with internal stakeholders, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience in SaaS, Cloud-Based Services and Software Security/Email Security services is advantageous.
- Ability to see the 'big picture', and equally be hands-on and delve into detail, know exactly what solution is/isn't going to help your Reseller market.
- Must take ownership of an issue through to resolution with the ability to self-manage and work independently, balanced with a team-player attitude.
- Passionate about your field of expertise and driven to make a difference.
SMX OFFERS YOU
A highly competitive salary package including healthcare and ongoing development. You will work with a highly experienced and respected team. SMX has a flat management structure and an open culture where you can contribute directly to respected cloud products with thousands of end-users around the world. We encourage work-life balance, we believe 40 hours means more enthusiasm.
At SMX you will be part of a close-knit team and will be required to collaborate with staff from application operations, support, development and administration/sales. A flexible and collaborative working style is necessary to ensure that problems are solved quickly and our customers are not impacted by any issues.
SMX is committed to building a culturally diverse company and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Remember, in order to be considered you must be living in Australia now and be legally entitled to work in the country. Please email your current CV, AND include a synopsis of your experience directly related to this role, to SMX Recruitment Manager, Sally Jackson.
mobile (NZ): +64 22 308 4259